Showing posts from April, 2004
I made some configuration changes to the WebSphere server that is hosting our eBusiness application. I changed the WebContainer thread count to something more reasonable (Min 7) than what it was (Min 300), and I also set the initial java heap size to be 250 MB instead of the 32 it was at, since the server is hanging around the 100 MB to 300 MB range. We'll see if those changes have any effect.
I got some more good news from our DataStage team about the changes I made to the ODBC driver. Someone who had a job that was running at about 75 rows per second before my change now is running at 200 rows per second. It seems that simply enabling connection pooling for the ODBC driver gave us about a 25% increase in speed. You gotta love that.